ZenSports makes creating tournaments a breeze -- we only ask you for the most pertinent information that players care about seeing in order to decide whether they want to register and pay. It literally takes only 30 seconds to create a new tournament and have it searchable by players from all over the world!
To get started creating tournaments, tap on the "Home" icon in the bottom navigation bar. From there, tap on the + button in the bottom right corner (iOS) or the top right corner (Android):
From there, you'll be given 3 choices: "Create Team", "Create Tournament", or "Create League". Choose the "Create Tournament" option.
Once you tap on Create Tournament, you'll then be taken to the Create Tournament screen. From there, we ask for just the key pieces of information that Players care about knowing in advance to decide whether to register and pay for the tournament or not. We understand that there are a lot of other things that we could ask you to fill out, however, it's important to keep things simple on a mobile device, and the info that we request below perfectly does the trick:
Some definitions/notes regarding the fields above that you need to fill out:
- Tournament Name -- The name of your tournament.
- Add Photo -- Go ahead and upload a logo, an icon, or a picture from your last tournament. This will add some personality and branding to it and make it more easily recognizable to players.
- Establishment Name -- We've integrated Google Places directly within ZenSports, so all you have to do is begin typing in the name of the establishment, and we'll automatically search for the full establishment name and address. Even though we only display the establishment name to you when selecting it, the full address, including city, state, zip code, and country will be visible to players when they search.
- Entry Fee Amount -- This is the regular entry fee amount that players will play. If you choose a Single Elimination With Buybacks format (see below), you'll be asked for the buyback entry fee amount as well.
- Which game are you playing? -- 8-ball, 9-ball, One Pocket, Three Cushion, etc.
- Format of Tournament --- We currently offer 3 format options: Single Elimination Without Buybacks (which is just regular Single Elimination), Single Elimination With Buybacks, and Double Elimination. Please note that Single Elimination With Buybacks will also support what some people refer to as "Modified Single Elimination". In the case of Modified Single Elimination, just choose Single Elimination With Buybacks, and make the Buyback amount $0. Then everyone who loses in the first round can be re-added back in.
- Open or Handicap -- Pretty straightforward. We'll be adding a Semi-Handicap option soon as well!
- Random or Manual Draw -- Currently, only our Random Draw option is working. If you need Manual Draw, chat with us and we'll see what we can do to help.
- Tournament Date/Time -- The date/time that your tournament will be happening.
- Frequency -- We currently only allow you to create a tournament one time. If you need to create weekly, recurring tournaments, chat with us and we'll see what we can do to help.